- 1 lb baby spinach leaves washed and spun dry if needed
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds (slightly toasted in a dry pan, or use regular chopped almonds if that’s all you have)
- 1/2 cup strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup of pomogranate seeds
- 1/4 cup of blueberries
- 2 oranges cut onto segments
- 2 1/2 tbsps fresh dill chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic – minced fresh
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper – I used fresh ground pepper)
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for ‘dressing’ and let dressing flavors blend .
- Wash dill and dry with paper towels. Discarding thick stems. finely chop dill and set aside.
- Keep all the fruits required washed, cut into slices and set aside.
- Wash spinach if needed and spin dry or dry with paper towels. Place spinach in large mixing bowl.
- Thinly slice green onions and add to spinach in bowl. Add slivered (or chopped) almonds and chopped dill and mix together.
- Whisk dressing a few time to be sure it’s well-mixed, then add desired amount of dressing to salad and toss. (You will not need all the dressing.)
- Top with pecans, goat cheese, and dried cranberries if you wish. Serve immediately.